Keras by Simon Rae




all images © Richard Collingridge 2008-12

Above is my Artwork for a book called 'Keras' by Simon Rae for DFB.


its about a Unicorn (not giving away too much I hope!) - and has red (which work really well btw)  end pages....


This book is aimed at a younger fantasy audience so I had to get rid of the romantic feel (which the cover had at some point) and replace it with a magical feel.
I added the twisted trees, (which originated in When it Snows) and streaming light..but it was eventually solved by adding butterflies around the unicorn, which seems quite a small thing but made all the difference.

for a more in-depth look at this cover, and my approach to cover design in general, please follow this link

You can buy it from Amazon here, follow the link


Comments

Popular Posts