When it Snows by Richard Collingridge Paperback





It's December, Christmas is coming so I feel like I can talk about my book, When it Snows again!
As some of you may know, the hardback was released last year to much critical acclaim (thanks for that :).

 - The book was shortlisted for the V&A best illustrated book award and nominated for the Kate Greenaway award.

This year see's the release of the US Edition, a french Edition and an Estonian edition (which I don't know much about).
But I thought I'd talk about the UK paperback edition.
When it Snows was my first book (not including book covers, and interiors on some other books), and there were certain things I didn't know in terms of the printing process. One of the things I thought didn't turn out as well as it could have done in the hardback was the light and colour of the illustrations. So when the opportunity came up to edit the paperback I took it up!
All of the spreads have been lightened, given a more fresh colour palette, and had further detail added to them. Take a look at the examples below to see for yourself (you should be able to zoom them in a bit).




all images © richard collingridge 2008-13




Here are the different edition of the book (don't have a physical copy of the Estonian edition unfortunately)




You can pick the paperback up from here:



You can watch the trailer for last years UK Hardback here or The US edition here.

Comments

  1. Wow - amazing - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully edited! My grandson got your enchanting book (U.S. edition hardback - I'll have to watch for the edited paperback) for Christmas this year, and I'm sharing it on my blog. Greetings from Sunny California!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wendy, Im glad you like the book! I think I've already looked at your blog, but I'll take another look now!
      Very Best
      from cold & wet England!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts